"The TRFinettes. a
72-member all-girl drum and bugle
Prior to 1975 the TRFinettes predecessor groups, were The
"Bridgeman Half Pints' and
The Half Pints were organized in
1949. Sponsored by Bridgeman
Creameries, the young drum and
baton unit became a popular attrac-
tion at parades and events through-
out the area. Uniforms featured plaid kilts and were made by the
Later, as they grew, the Half Pints became known as the Bridgeman Bridgettes, adding
more adolescent females to what was still a drum and baton unit.
In 1970, valve bugles, working flags and a rifle line were added to
the corps, and the group changed its name to TRFinettes. Additional
instructors were hired to arrange and teach'new music, and the kilted
uniforms were replaced with gold blouses, bright green tunics 'and
plumed hats. Sponsors included a number of
Thief River Falls organi-
More changes were experienced in 1973 as the uniforms' Sherwood
Forest 'appearance gave way to green and black outfits that sported
a more military look.
With additional directors. helping with marching, maneuvering and musi-
cal arrangement and selection, the young women gained recognition
for their precision steps as they competed in cities and towns in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Canada.
The summer of 1973 included trips to the Twin Cities where the
TRFinettes placed third in a VFW contest and first in an American Legion competition. 1973 appears to be their last documented appearance
Thank you Thief River Falls Mn archives."
[From Sandra Brown on the "All Girls Drum Corps and Color Guards" facebook group.]