Magnificent Yankees

Utica, NY United States
Founded: 1939

Inactive Junior

CORPS Photos

The Magnificent Yankees, formed in 1939 and reorganized in 1960, was a junior marching and maneuvering corps based in Utica, New York. They were sponsored by Utica American Legion Post 229.

The corps’ colors were red, white, and black.

The Magnificent Yankees won titles in the Hudson-Berkshire Circuit, New York-Canadian Circuit, and New York State American Legion Circuit in the mid-1960s. Signature tunes were “John Henry” and “Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.” One of its staffers was “Pappa” Joe Berthold, who had been active in drum corps for 60 years.

The corps merged with the Syracuse Marauders in 1975 to form the Yankee Marauders.

[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; rec.arts.marching.drumcorps]

Members (11)

Member Name Section Years Involved
Anno, Jim Soprano 1961 to 1967
Dempsey, Mike lead sop 1965
LaBarbera, Paul Guard 1965 to 1968
Mitchell, Richard snare 1962 to 1966
Myers, Millicent Rifle 1967 to 1969
Orilio, Richard brass 1968 to 1973
Passalacqua, Pat soprano 1964 to 1965
smith, larry baritone 1973
Washburn, Ed Snare Line 1957 to 1967
Wilkinson, Dave french horn 1960 to 1966
Wnuk, John drumline 1962 to 1966

CORPS 1 items

Magnificent Yankees

Magnificent Yankees from the Bill Ives Collection

LOADING.....

No links available