St. Roccos


Other Names:St. Rocco's Cadets

Brooklyn, NY United States
Founded: 1957

Inactive Junior

CORPS Photos

The Saint Rocco‘s Cadets was a junior marching and maneuvering corps based in Brooklyn, New York. Formed in 1957 as the standstill Golden Aces, they were sponsored by St. Rocco‘s Catholic Church, the Sixth Memorial American Legion Post, and the Frank A. Longhito VFW Post.

The corps’ colors were turquoise, black and white with a silver medallion enclosing the letter R.

Known for their big band Broadway sound, the corps’ awards included the Yankee Circuit Championships for 1962 through 1964.

Despite attempts at mergers, the corps had disbanded by 1970, a victim of member recruitment into the military.

[Encyclopedia of Drum and Bugle Corps, 1966; DCW, 7/25/03, p.5]

Members (7)

Member Name Section Years Involved
Burbulak, Ken "Rimshot" Percussion 1963 to 1968
Davis, Harold Drum 1964 to 1967
Dellinger, John Soprano 1965 to 1967
dibenedetto, nick french horn 1964
Flecha, John baritone 1963 to 1968
Gulino, Gabe Soprano 1963 to 1965
Hernandez, Jerry Solo Soprano 1966 to 1968
No collection items available. Please contact us if you have something to contribute.

LOADING.....